Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back in the word

So i have to admit that I have not read the bible in forever. I have gotten away from it, and the devil has used time against me. A day turned in to a week, and weeks turned into months. But Tonight i picked up the bible and opened it and God touched my heart and has given me strength. The Word gives me so much comfort i wonder how i ever left it.

I have decided to read a chapter a day and then blog about it. I really like to dive into the word and study what it is saying, and try to go the next level of understanding. Always trying to push myself to learn more about my Lord and Savior. tonight i started the book of Hebrews. Im not a scholar by any means so if anyone has anything to share please feel free to leave a comment or to let me know what i got wrong.

Hebrews 1

This chapter is really expressing how Jesus is superior to all the angles in heaven. Really giving us a picture of how great Jesus was. He is the image of the invisible God in verse three it explains that the Son is the radiance of Gods glory, and the exact representation of God. It still blows my mind that God sent his son to die for us. And some one who was perfect, and had no flaws. He wasn't hear for us, who are so filthy and need so much love.

Later on in the chapter it talks about how God is never changing, and how he is, and will always be. It says the heavens will change but God will remain the same. In a world that things are so fast, and stuff changes all the time. We can find peace in the fact that God always is the same, and always will be the same. He is our rock, and foundation. If we are to build upon a foundation how comforting is it to know that it will remain the same strong foundation for eternity.

Verse thirteen is by far my favorite part of this passage. It is explains how Jesus is set apart from angles. It says did God ever say to any angles to sit at his right hand and he will make enemies a footstool at his feet. That statement about how he will make enemies footstools at his sons feet is so powerful and shows the mighty power of our God. He is not a weak God. But one who will fight battles for us, and we have nothing to fear. He will turn our enemies into footstools. What a powerful God to have faith in.

In Christ

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mike. I'm glad to see you're diving back into God's Word. That's where you'll find whatever it is you need - encouragement, direction, correction, motivation... the list goes on.
    Sometimes it is difficult to do what we know we need to do. I'm glad you did.

    Hope things are going well. this might be the first time I have ever commented on a blog...

    ReplyDelete