Monday, June 28, 2010

My career begins!!!

At ten o'clock this morning i stepped behind the counter of Jersey Mike's for the first time in my life. Before this moment in time i always was on the other side ordering my subs and cheese steaks. But now i was in the a land flowing with cheese, assortments of meat, fresh tomatoes, and delicious cookies!!! I guess you could say that i was in sub heaven. My first task was to learn how to wrap a sub. I got a sub made of only lettuce and proceeded to wrap it 50 times. I felt confident after this and was ready for live action. So i took my station hands prepared for battle, and sure enough a flood of people came pouring into the store around noon. I felt i handled my self pretty well. I did not mess anything up, and only wrapped a few subs bad. I then tried to make myself as useful as possible with the little knowledge that i had of the business. This resulted in me taking part in the dirty jobs. I mopped, cleaned dishes, swept floors, and took out the trash. All of these actions won over my coworkers and by the end of my sift i have to say that i won the respect of my fellow sub colleagues. Usually people training do not receive any share of the tips in the tip jar. They said that they liked me, and i was a hard worker so i was rewarded with 3 dollars in tips. It wasn't about the money, it was more the fact i had one their respect (paul walker from fast and the furious) I then enjoyed a club supreme mikes way with everything on it. It was amazing.

Hopefully this post made you laugh a little and gave you the insight on what my day was like. It was exciting and i am glad to share it with you!!

In Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment