Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New People

So when i moved up here i was pretty scared. I knew it was the right place to go, and it is exactly where God wanted me to be. I knew absolutely no one, and was worried about meeting people that were going to build me up in Christ. When bryan, and whit were still coming i was 100% fine with being up here because i would have two wingmen by my side. But now it was just me. It was intimidating. It was going to be a challenge but i knew that God wanted me to face this challenge head on. God was going to show me amazing things, and i was going to be a part of something that only he could plan.

Since i have arrived hear i have taken each day on step at a time. I have always made sure to be in constant contact with God. Always thinking about him, and trying to pray as much as possible. I wanted him to guide my steps and actions in every aspect of my life. The first week i was here i was lonely. I had no one really. When morgan came back from nepal i had one friend. One solid friend in Christ. I kept thinking that this was going to be it. I was going to have no relationships. Little did i know what God had planned for me.

I continued to pray about meeting people that i could develop strong relationships with. The kind of relationships i had built up over so many years at ECU. I wanted to talk about God, and about struggles. I wanted people i could grow with. I met plenty of people like that but they were all 30, and had kids. I couldn't really relate to them that well. Through all of this i continued to worry, and become burdened. It was not easy. I missed bryan, whit, matt, phil, aaron, strothman, heather, stevo, john, daniel, tessa, laura, ETC....... I missed all of those friendships rooted in Christ. I wanted to meet some guys that i could grow with. I felt like it was never going to happen. The guys i met i didn't mesh with, or they were too old, or they were not christians.

This week God has taken all of those worries and has thrown them out the window. Chad (the vannormans son) came home from california this week and we began to hang out. He introduced me to his close friends and they made me feel at home. Tonight we hung out again and chad, stewie, and I had a hour long conversation about Jesus, and our lives. It was exactly what i needed. I realized i was in the middle of God answering a prayer. I wanted to weep i was so overwhelmed with the holy spirit. It was such a blessing to be able to share with someone my age, and someone who was like me. Who faced the things that i was facing. God has been blessing me more, and more everyday. Im so lucky to be a part of this plan and i can not wait to be able to impact Gods kingdom in ways he only knows.

in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment